Social fitness is more than just a buzzword; it's a cornerstone of a fulfilling life. But don't just take our word for it. We've curated a list of our favorite online resources to help you understand the profound impact of social fitness on your well-being. From books and podcasts to videos and research, we've got you covered.
Why Social Fitness Matters
Before diving into our resource list, let's address the elephant in the room: Why should you invest time in learning about social fitness? The answer lies in a powerful quote from 'The Good Life,' a book that distills the findings of the longest-running study on human happiness:
"Good relationships are significant enough that if we had to take all 84 years of the Harvard Study and boil it down to a single principle for living, one life investment that is supported by similar findings across a wide variety of other studies, it would be this: Good relationships keep us healthier and happier. Period."
Our Top Picks for Social Fitness Resources
- Harvard Study of Adult Development: This groundbreaking study offers deep insights into the importance of social connections for long-term happiness and health.
- US Surgeon General Advisory: The Healing Effects of Social Connection: This advisory underscores the scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of social connections. You can view the entire report + this link has lots of great summary resources.
Videos & Reports:
- US Surgeon General Advisory: Workplace Mental Health
- Robert Waldinger: What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness
- "Social Fitness" Of Wealthy Families
So, if you're looking to invest in something that will pay lifelong dividends, consider diving into these resources on social fitness. After all, as the Harvard Study of Adult Development so eloquently puts it, good relationships are the key to a healthier, happier life. Period.